What are you interested in?
I’m a New Blogger. Read guides on starting a book blog, learn more about creating your own website and its different parts, and check out advice from experienced bloggers.
Blog Content. What kinds of posts should I write? How do I write them? What kinds of pages should I have on my blog? Read more on the kind of content to post on a book blog.
Parts of a Blog. How do I decide on a theme/design? What goes in the sidebar? How can I make my navigation easy to use? Read more on the parts of a blog.
Running a Blog. General tips and tricks for keeping your blog running. How do I maintain my blog? What are useful plug-ins and apps I can use to make blogging easier? How do I encourage people to comment?
Building Blog Stats. I want to know more about gaining a blog following and maintaining it, as well as all about blog analytics.
Creating a Blog Newsletter. How do I make an email newsletter for my blog? How to I gain subscribers?
Blogging Do’s & Don’ts. The community talks about what you should and shouldn’t do or post as a book blogger.
- FTC *NEW* Rules and Review Books
- Social Media, Book Promotions and FTC Disclosures
- On the FTC Guidelines & The Book Smugglers
- Legally Using Images
- Book Cover Images and Copyright
- The Principle of Fair Use and Image Usage for Bloggers
- Ethical and Legal Image Use
Other Blogging Discussions
- 5 Lessons I Learned About Blogging
- Blogging Expectations and Why I Hate Them
- Small Community, Big Voice (The Role of Book Bloggers)
- If You’re a Stressed Book Blogger, Why are You Doing It?
- What to Do with Blogging Advice
- Freedom of Speech Doesn’t Mean You Can Say Anything, Anywhere
- This Whole “Post Constantly to be a Successful Blogger” Thing is Bullshit
- Can You Manage More Than One Blog?
- We Blog for OURSELVES
- It’s Okay to Want to Grow Your Blog
- How to Beat Book Blogger Burnout
- Monetizing Blogging
- There’s Room for Everyone in Your Niche
- Do I Need to ‘Find a Niche’ for My Blog?
- How Many Circles are There?